The following are proposals for WA resolutions. Any WA member nation with at least two endorsements can make a proposal, but it will only become a resolution (to be voted on by the entire WA) if it is approved by at least 6% of WA Regional Delegates.
As the WA currently has 1,031 Regional Delegates, a proposal needs 62 approvals to achieve quorum.
General Assembly Proposal
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.
Category: Global Disarmament
Proposed by: Workers Party Catalonia
The World Assembly,
Recognizing the atrocities of war,
Having a desire to avoid warfare whenever possible,
Maintaining a devotion to peace and diplomacy whenever possible,
Concerned about human rights and ethics, hereby:
1. Requires all nations to pursue any and all other alternatives to war when disagreements or conflicts arise,
2. Mandates that nations at war pursue options which will save the largest amount of civilian lives, provided it does not interfere with the national war effort,
3. Prevents nations from declaring war on one another without a clear and obvious first strike from another nation,
4. Requires that any and all national draft services not discriminate against applicants, with the exception of individuals or groups designated by experts,
5. Bans the use of unilateral sanctions against other nations, with exceptions for nations violating human rights or warring with the member nation,
6. Prevents member nations from using extraordinary circumstances as an excuse to violate these regulations,
7. Recognizes that nothing in this resolution bars more stringent regulations to the process of declaring and/or making war.