The United Kingdom of Zuleit is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by King Tutankhamun with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and public floggings. The compassionate, cynical population of 793 million Zuleitians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duran. The average income tax rate is 56.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zuleitian economy, worth 92.6 trillion Zuleit Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 116,752 Zuleit Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers, no one engages in 'locker room talk' any more, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zuleit's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zuleit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Zuleit was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Arctic Coalition.
- : Zuleit was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Zuleit voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable.
- : Zuleit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Zuleit endorsed The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Following new legislation in Zuleit, no one engages in 'locker room talk' any more.
- : Zuleit was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Kuriko, Old Tryst, Blogotopia, Seranis, Dustwind, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Tzo, Old Atlantica, Anollasia, Slaytania, Randopian, Northern Nivaria, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, Lower Phlebacite, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, The Pizza, Waitiki, United Kingdom of Selesnia, AciaciaMont, Nogalacia, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Bortheria, Setealem, Nemohsis, Liberdon, Porymonia, Krystalveil, Marxist Germany, Skamor, HumanSanity, Thedairos, and Arctic Coalition.