The Armed Forces of Zulankan Peoples Militia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 18.097 billion Zulankans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Zulankan economy, worth 443 trillion labor certificates a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 24,479 labor certificates, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zulankan Peoples Militia's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Berantia.
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia's influence in Anarchy rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia was endorsed by The Community of Guthrie.
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia's influence in Anarchy rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia's influence in Anarchy rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia was endorsed by The Free Territory of Vanam.
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia's influence in Anarchy rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia's influence in Anarchy rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zulankan Peoples Militia endorsed The Xenopolis of YoriZ.