The Empire of Zukaki is a very large, cultured nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 153 million Zukakians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 22.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Zukakian economy, worth 10.0 trillion Zukas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 65,424 Zukas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, and prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Zukaki's national animal is the Zebu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zukaki was endorsed by The People's Democratic Republic of Panem and Circensis.
- : Zukaki was endorsed by The Democratic States of W1nky.
- : Zukaki was endorsed by The Free Land of Sky Sacrifice.
- : Zukaki was endorsed by The Republic of Woclerhiel.
- : Zukaki's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Zukaki, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.
- : Following new legislation in Zukaki, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Zukaki, fruit vendors are encouraging a life of crime in their advertising.
- : Following new legislation in Zukaki, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
- : Zukaki was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
Endorsements Received: 13 » The city or Rlyeh, DiRito-Opolis, Holy Bolivar Empire, Tiskaiya, Brokemia, Luna Dam, Union of Socialist Republic of The Isle, Betmet, The XII Legion Fulminata, Woclerhiel, Sky Sacrifice, W1nky, and Panem and Circensis.