The Grand Duchy of Zubrowlitz is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 440 million Zubrowians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Social Policy receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lutz. The average income tax rate is 51.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Zubrowlitz economy, worth 29.8 trillion Zubrow Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 67,705 Zubrow Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Unprotected royals have replaced their corgis with rottweilers, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes, Zubrowians are free from pain - but the side effects include loss of individual thought and freedom, and newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zubrowlitz's national animal is the Chamois, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zubrowlitz was endorsed by The United Nations of Eppur.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Zubrowlitz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, Zubrowians are free from pain - but the side effects include loss of individual thought and freedom.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, unprotected royals have replaced their corgis with rottweilers.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Zubrowlitz, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Zubrowlitz changed its national motto to "No clue how I got here".
- : Zubrowlitz was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Violent Trees.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Liberdon, JanRaiQlux, Makykay, Colonel Terrosit, Tzo, Tausend Seen, New Kowloon Bay, Clialaad, Dustwind, Wysrod, Chip Skylark, Namakan, S Mova Derat, Northern Nivaria, Zeganas, Slaytania, Wischland, Kyrizstanislav, Anollasia, Bradmarkers, Gewisse, Killettland, Krystalveil, The Republic of Osea, Vivolkha, Samonaemia, Marxist Germany, Pardul, Capea, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Maconshinbernititte, The Indian Royalty, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Evertopia, The Galactic American Imperium, Saint Islaw Wra, Solsevara, Silvedania, Alemputo, Venmere, Grimmywelsh, Dorab, Violent Trees, and Eppur.