The United States of Zorinitiee is a massive, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.012 billion Zorinitics are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Lavender. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Zorinitinote economy, worth 62.9 trillion Francs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,179 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is under the thumb of countless special interests, life is short but human kindness is endless, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, and on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zorinitiee's national animal is the Cerberus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Zorinitiee is ranked 262,236th in the world and 9,391st in Lazarus for Highest Disposable Incomes, with 17,783.32 Standard Monetary Units.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zorinitiee's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zorinitiee's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Zorinitiee, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Zorinitiee published "You-know-who is out... AGAIN." (Factbook: Military).
- : Zorinitiee altered its national flag.
- : Zorinitiee was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Zorinitiee ceased to exist in Wintreath.
- : Zorinitiee was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Zorinitiee's influence in Wintreath rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zorinitiee lodged a message on the Wintreath Regional Message Board.