The Former MP of Zon island is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by John Wallace with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 6.766 billion Zon islandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turtle city. The average income tax rate is 65.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Zon islandian economy, worth 278 trillion marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,133 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The might of the nation's air force has been deployed against people with sticks in boats, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade, and cash-strapped politicians frequently host bake sales to fund their campaigns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zon island's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zon island was endorsed by The Glorious Supreme Leader of Sunipi.
- : Zon island lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Zon island endorsed The Glorious Supreme Leader of Sunipi.
- : Zon island endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Kochevnia.
- : Zon island endorsed The First Official Disney Nerd of The Ambis.
- : Zon island endorsed The Colony of El Eems Islands.
- : Zon island endorsed The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Zon island endorsed The Social Republic of Lukaymmunki.
- : Zon island endorsed The Republic of Mardis.
- : Zon island endorsed The Kingdom of Rayekka.