The Most Serene Republic of Zollipsia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Goivo Celion with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.234 billion Zollipsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laverstadt. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Zollipsian economy, worth 92.4 trillion Zollts a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,878 Zollts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon, devotion to God is only skin-deep, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife, and the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zollipsia's national animal is the Nightingale, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zollipsia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Zollipsia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
- : Zollipsia was endorsed by The Nuclear Landmine of Dalimbar.
- : Zollipsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, it is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon.
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
- : Following new legislation in Zollipsia, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Bhang Bhang Duc, San Mazer, Q The Almighty, Bran Astor, Westwind, Fuentana, Win Mints, The Northeastern Confederation, Cryland, Fujai, Dilber, The Rega, Libterraria, The Technocratic Ideas, Divina Patriae, Gracelantia, Arracrania, Papercuts and Skittles, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Nieubasria, Plankstein, Akshireuya, Anuubis, Fallen Iron Duke, Thevinia, Giovanniland, Emark, Samueliebox, Fhaengshia, Hamburg Neo, Kittenlicious, Chitra, Sultanat of Turkistan, Nas Crustium, Ostellan, Gastenburg, Sirulinuck, Santos-Dominius, Carvell, Region of Dwipantara, Av Libertas Vindex, BIteland, Newfieisland, Pandaland II, and Dalimbar.