The Confederacy of Zoegrad is a small, safe nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 40 million Zoegradians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and International Aid are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling Zoegradian economy, worth 700 billion Zomarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 17,524 Zomarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, extreme political groups are outlawed, and Possums are considered a delicacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zoegrad's national animal is the Possum, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zoegrad's influence in Refugia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Zoegrad's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zoegrad's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zoegrad's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zoegrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Zoegrad, Possums are considered a delicacy.
- : Zoegrad relocated from The Pacific to Refugia.
- : Following new legislation in Zoegrad, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Zoegrad was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Zoegrad, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.