The Ngwaziate of Ziwana is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.4 billion Ziwanis are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Birnin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The very strong Ziwani economy, worth 65.8 trillion Silivas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is 47,018 Silivas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 202,417 per year while the poor average 6,970, a ratio of 29.0 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard, whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls, and Ziwana has designated Birnin as its capital city. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ziwana's national animal is the Leopard, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ziwana's influence in Melayu Archipelago rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Ziwana lodged a message on the Melayu Archipelago Regional Message Board.
- : Ziwana's influence in Melayu Archipelago rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Ziwana's influence in Melayu Archipelago rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Ziwana changed its national nation type to "Ngwaziate".
- : Ziwana changed its national nation type to "Ngwazinate".
- : Ziwana changed its national nation type to "Federation".
- : Ziwana altered its national flag.
- : Ziwana changed its national nation type to "Kingdom".
- : Ziwana changed its national nation type to "Ufumu wa".