The Federal Republic of Zigarusstan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Varg Vikerenes with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, complete lack of prisons, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 2.144 billion Sufiiyts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dunkelheit. The average income tax rate is 89.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Sufiiyt economy, worth 283 trillion rubbles a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 132,426 rubbles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Dunkelheit's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zigarusstan's national animal is the Red Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zigarusstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zigarusstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zigarusstan's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zigarusstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Zigarusstan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Zigarusstan ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Zigarusstan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zigarusstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Zigarusstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Zigarusstan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".