The Radical Matriarchy of Zevistan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Goddess Kate with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.049 billion Zevistanians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Social Policy, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Labiat. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.3%.
The Zevistanian economy, worth 267 trillion Selenes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 22,169 Selenes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 65,050 per year while the poor average 5,956, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
The practice of capital punishment proves divisive, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths, beat cops aren't named for the territory they patrol, and reddish-brown is the new black. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Zevistan's national animal is the Mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Female Supremacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, reddish-brown is the new black.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, beat cops aren't named for the territory they patrol.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, the government is outsourcing itself.
- : Zevistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, the national government has been dissolved by revolutionary insurgents.
- : Zevistan was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Zevistan, Maxtopian slaves are routinely sold as an optional extra for household appliances.