The Republic of Zeternia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Thomas W Dexter with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, smutty television, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.451 billion Zeternians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zeternia City. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Zeternian economy, worth a remarkable 1,063 trillion Zets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,673 Zets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, some Zeternian athletes have defected to Blackacre after being denied the chance to compete in international sporting events, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university, and the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zeternia's national animal is the Flying Ham, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, some Zeternian athletes have defected to Blackacre after being denied the chance to compete in international sporting events.
- : Zeternia endorsed The Kingdom of Plembobria.
- : Zeternia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, Thomas W Dexter's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Zeternia, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
Endorsements Received: 179 » Selfgradatude, HMS Unicorn, Yaorozu, Novare Res, Former English Colony, Great Bights Mum, New Sekai, Republic of Destiny, Sadakoyama, Malvad, Unimaginable Doom, South Isles, SYRIXIA, The Rossinite Empire, Necromonia, Ultima Terra, Apetopia, Notyoutopia, Ceretis, Merconitonitopia, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Lionia, Guslantis, Tokaryk, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Frances Francis the First of France, Sunto, The Isle of Grossmania, Ziko, Bharathvarsh, Celreostia, Xentherida, Yatzatz, Yeraennus, Vegetarian States, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Wisconsota, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, SillyString, Avalon, Holy Oranz, American MapleStory, Sankami, Cullins, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Republic of Dixie, Wineclaw, Halcon siveriano, Malta Comino Gozo, and 129 others.Siwale, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, Kingdom of Space, Enosville, Sophista, Coemgen, Kaschovia, Vazali, Lord Ravenclaw, Southern Stroraia, Mercy Land, Omicron Persei V111, Upper Sam Dodovi, Kyrianian, Alice Gardens, Reannia, Pallaith, Rukonia, Kwaj, Amerian States, Lupus Imperium, Puczovska, General COE, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Diodone, New Cla, Tharissus, WE Empire, Anima Proxa, Noe-Classic Peoples, Lamexanope, Ostrinios, Kelvaros Prime, Mavuryah, Zatrela, Dutchyland, Wilkshire, Forunte, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Ainsworth, Kek-, Plembobria, Prevaland, Sheppey, Zemnaya Svoboda, Fawkenia, Verees Fri, Aenglaland, Yaris, AdyLand, The Utopian Movement, SchoolHouse Rock, Buckerino, Ausmercia, QAYYUM, Stareogratia, United States of Panthalassa, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Che Sana Und, Palisede, Vogonlandia, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Corfad, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, Aerilia, Hexago, Soviet Terran, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, Lambdadeltas Super Paper, Horsley Land, Socialist Cooperative Republics, Dopeland420, Thenaca, Ice and Tinian, Kundam, Pria Xennes, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Aroa, Beodarasc, Tredano, Cuyan, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Koda-Land, Maestros haven, Pakistan 001, Territorio di Nessuno, Slaughterhouse Nine, Phillywob, Celebia, Wodan, Xinchao, Dodione, Blurds, Cardistria, Aldelaria, Felhaven, Wyldeacre, Deropia, Zedeya, Victoriaans Nederlands, Aris Republic, New-El, Midds Conia, Libotionia, Dreylus, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Amestris-Britannia, Gladio II, NatsukiLand, ABC, Sanjurika, Gospel Power, Saint Marks Island, Lungha, Techislovakia, Astal Aavors, Avornica, Bridgett, and Tsamuth.