|Leader||The National Governance Council|
The Socialist Council Republic of Zestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The National Governance Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 896 million Zestrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Varuun. The average income tax rate is 83.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zestrian economy, worth 102 trillion Vestras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 114,776 Vestras, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news, sex changes are routinely performed at Zestria's hospitals, and only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is totally unknown. Zestria's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zestria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Zestria was endorsed by The Republic of Coserenia.
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, sex changes are routinely performed at Zestria's hospitals.
- : Zestria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Zestria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news.
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, the amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded.
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Zestria, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Antarctic SARNZ, Novocita, Microsa, Dune-Aemiliana, Pax Scio, The 2nd Kingdom of Domina, Vierslan, Wess Syna, Fellwieg, United Angeer, United States of Technocracy, Karambo, Apellidor, Xiniang, Daraze, Lomonosia, Wallachinstein, BigSnek, Eastern Sudetenland, North Vlanderberg, Confucasland, Zukunftwelt, Westward Country, Arztosk, Citalli, Jef and JAMAL the Squa and West Garbanzo, and Coserenia.