|Leader||President Adam Olsborne|
The Republic of Zermanny is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Adam Olsborne with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 4.262 billion Zermanns are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zweinheim. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zermann economy, worth 426 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. Average income is 99,993 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Immigrants who don't like the taste of Zermann Turnip Chips are immediately deported, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, and the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zermanny's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
- : Zermanny endorsed The United Socialist States of Snalland.
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, immigrants who don't like the taste of Zermann Turnip Chips are immediately deported.
- : Zermanny endorsed The MP of Zon island.
- : Zermanny was endorsed by The MP of Zon island.
- : Zermanny was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in Zermanny, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
Endorsements Received: 22 » The Bigtopia, Uppenja, Marie Byrd, Marvinville, Besancia, Rushenberg, World Trade, The Marconian State, Cheesecakeastan, Cerdenia, Rhodesae, Rhyssuan Peoples, Clarance, Brototh, ElBaron, Miharr, The Great Indian Democracy, Western Mediterranea, Primo Order, Rivogna, Castarilia, and Zon island.