|Leader||President Minister Kerenskij|
The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Minister Kerenskij with a fair hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, ubiquitous missile silos, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 25.64 billion Zemnaya Svobodans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petrograd. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zemnaya Svobodan economy, worth a remarkable 2,943 trillion kopeks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 114,808 kopeks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
It is rumoured that President Minister Kerenskij uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, environmental officials dismiss uncontrolled wildfires burning down major cities as nature taking its course, and the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zemnaya Svoboda's national animal is the bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zemnaya Svoboda lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Zemnaya Svoboda resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda endorsed The Kingdom of Plembobria.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freienland.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Federation of Benolia.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Republic of Ka Ching.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Zemnaya Svoboda was endorsed by The Ecumenopolis of Massarie.