The People's Democracy of Zebulor is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by First Consul with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete absence of social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 21.535 billion Zebulorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crimson Citadel. The average income tax rate is 84.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zebulorian economy, worth a remarkable 4,061 trillion Zebulorian Forints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 188,582 Zebulorian Forints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, Zebulorian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, and government workers are more efficient and more unhappy than ever. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zebulor's national animal is the mindworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zebulor's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zebulor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Information Technology Sector, Lowest Crime Rates, Most Developed, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Zebulor's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Zebulor, government workers are more efficient and more unhappy than ever.
- : Zebulor was refounded in Balder.
- : Zebulor ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Zebulor's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zebulor's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Zebulor, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Zebulor was refounded in Lazarus.