|Leader||Edward Dantes Zartavaria|
The Meritocratic Republic of Zartavaria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Edward Dantes Zartavaria with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 12.157 billion Zartavarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zartavaria City. The average income tax rate is 42.6%.
The strong Zartavarian economy, worth 784 trillion zartavarios a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,537 zartavarios, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
The military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Edward Dantes Zartavaria's bedroom, tax assessment offices double as polling stations, and minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zartavaria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Zartavarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zartavaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Zartavaria's influence in Abydos rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zartavaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Zartavaria's influence in Abydos rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zartavaria's influence in Abydos rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zartavaria's influence in Abydos rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Zartavaria relocated from Lazarus to Abydos.
- : Zartavaria was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Zartavaria ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Zartavaria's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".