The United Kingdom of Zapatha is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jason Xavier with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 14.39 billion Zapathans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ingebjorg. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zapathan economy, worth a remarkable 2,338 trillion Sapatas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 162,479 Sapatas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
People often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, the parliament building has installed a revolving door, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zapatha's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zapatha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Zapatha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Zapatha's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Zapatha relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.
- : Zapatha was refounded in Balder.
- : Zapatha ceased to exist in 10000 Islands.
- : Zapatha was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Nogalacia.
- : Zapatha was endorsed by The Holy and Exalted Empire of Valentian Elysium.
- : Zapatha was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Zapatha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Most Inclusive.