The Bodhisattva of Zaolat is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Saulot with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 12.968 billion Salubri have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Enoch. The average income tax rate is 67.4%.
The Salubri economy, worth 535 trillion Valerans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 41,296 Valerans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zaolat's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Golconda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zaolat resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Boy Named Sue of Syberis.
- : Zaolat lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Zaolat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Zaolat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Republic of Gruffydd ap Llywelyn 2.
- : Zaolat endorsed The Republic of Adytus.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Republic of Adytus.
- : Zaolat endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Weast Jurmany.
- : Zaolat was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Weast Jurmany.