The Confederacy of Zankenstein is a large, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 62 million Zankensteinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 11.6%.
The Zankensteinian economy, worth 3.63 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is 58,480 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street", excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, and soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zankenstein's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Shadowy Empire of Farengeto.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The 🐌❄️ Foreign Minister ❄️🐌 of Aumeltopia.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The One-Winged Etymology Shark of Erinor.
- : Zankenstein endorsed The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Zankenstein endorsed The Armed Republic of Republic of the Teutons.
- : Zankenstein endorsed The One-Winged Etymology Shark of Erinor.
- : Zankenstein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Xoriet".
- : Following new legislation in Zankenstein, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Republic of the Teutons.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Volaworand, Quiescent, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Great Vritannia, Drystar, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bawkie, Putzer, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Linguiniland, Jaxon, Jehenna, Beepee, United States of Vietnam, Aywhyou, Yellunstryer, Mojoland, Kringalia, New Briantown, Paranoia, Lififul, Sedunn, Republic of the Teutons, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, and Farengeto.