The Confederacy of Zankenstein is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 445 million Zankensteinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 13.4%.
The Zankensteinian economy, worth 24.9 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is 55,855 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Major boxing matches are held in government buildings, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zankenstein's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zankenstein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Imperium Anglorum"".
- : Zankenstein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debtor Voting Rights"".
- : Following new legislation in Zankenstein, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Zankenstein endorsed The Federal Republic of Transcostria.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Transcostria.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Republic of Elveka.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Pining Martens of Nakarisaune.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Thuringia Reich.
- : Zankenstein was endorsed by The Republic of Noveos.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Volaworand, Quiescent, Great Vritannia, Drystar, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bawkie, Putzer, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Linguiniland, Jaxon, United States of Vietnam, Aywhyou, Yellunstryer, Kringalia, New Briantown, Paranoia, Lififul, Sedunn, Erinor, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Beepee, UnShleepd, The National Corporation, Revellan, Macrothea, Shengtie, Isokenzar, Democratic Drals Tum, Anachronolandia, Rebel-topia, Noveos, Thuringia Reich, Elveka, Solondor, and Transcostria.