The Principality of Zangsom is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 170 million Zangsomians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Zangsomian economy, worth 2.46 trillion Ols a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Retail and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 14,461 Ols , and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zangsom's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zangsom's influence in Lone Wolves United rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Zangsom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Zangsom resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Zangsom's influence in Lone Wolves United rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Zangsom's influence in Lone Wolves United rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Zangsom's influence in Lone Wolves United rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Zangsom relocated from Drip Island to Lone Wolves United.
- : Zangsom's influence in Drip Island rose from "Apprentice" to "Truckler".
- : Zangsom's influence in Drip Island rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Zangsom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.