|Leader||Primary Shareholder Zarkso|
The Corporatocracy of Zalodia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Primary Shareholder Zarkso with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and fear of technology. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.348 billion Zalodians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zalosanti. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Zalodian economy, worth a remarkable 1,502 trillion Zarks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 236,621 Zarks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 688,259 per year while the poor average 64,354, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
Zalodia has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados, the flight attendant who draws the short straw is on "cockpit bucket duty", tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Zalodia's national animal is the Raccoon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Profitism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Zalodia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Zalodia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Zalodia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Zalodia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Zalodia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, the flight attendant who draws the short straw is on "cockpit bucket duty".
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, Zalodia has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados.
- : Following new legislation in Zalodia, blasphemers and government critics often die in very unusual and unlikely accidents.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Gorzi, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Runegeist, Tyranogorgon, Angea, Bietzopolis, MacPublic, The Evile Empire, Trischoczlovakia, Josephtan, Goodrum, Barlonatar, Pollariaua, Palancia, Far Rivia Hilolak, and Balkan Vojvodina.