|Leader||Prime Minister Declan Webster|
The People's Republic of Zakanda is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Declan Webster with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 30.221 billion Zakandans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asina. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zakandan economy, worth a remarkable 7,512 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 248,588 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Zakanda's national animal is the ocelot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zakanda was endorsed by The Decidedly not holy nation of Foril.
- : Zakanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Zakanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Zakanda endorsed The Holy Orange Unicorn Monarchy of Triseria.
- : Zakanda endorsed The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Zakanda was endorsed by The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Zakanda was endorsed by The Holy Orange Unicorn Monarchy of Triseria.
- : Following new legislation in Zakanda, students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Caleban, Brickfield, United Kingdoms of Redania, Pirataria, Liberepublia, Eumenides, Polgaria, Free Rosabell, New Ryloth, Gabingston, Vlazinova, Lethen, Poquaoi, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Benthamania, Cortlandt Manor, Havenwelle, Mousa Liberty, Beriwen, Katkasistan, Leonna, Junkielien, Akeland, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Almendron, Voxum Mortalum, Abassyia, Mancheseva City, Arqhua, Utopian Earth, Mediocrea, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Genistan, Dat Countreh, Trackeendy, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Leuxas, West Wirral, and 36 others.Andradus, Penlopa, Alpharod, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, New France Republic, Union Lysk, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, Sablania, Geektopia, Ganud, Corovos, The Democratic Peoples, Deliber, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Cyberpunk, Sudmar Island, Caprinia, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, And Spaces, Sincluda, Zakronia, Rawatna, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, Laudesia, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, Tital Mania, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, and Greatnessity City.