The Celestial Empire of Yuzhou is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Tenmei with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.787 billion Yu love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jianse. The average income tax rate is 59.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Yu economy, worth 305 trillion Dis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,246 Dis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, Yuzhou's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives, the comic book series 'Emperor Tenmei and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yuzhou's national animal is the Imperial Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yuzhou was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Yuzhou was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Yuzhou was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Yuzhou's influence in Greater Olympus rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Yuzhou's influence in Greater Olympus rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Yuzhou published "Rastan II/Enri Storyline Post Index" (Meta: Reference).
- : Yuzhou's influence in Greater Olympus rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yuzhou's influence in Greater Olympus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Yuzhou's influence in Greater Olympus rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Yuzhou relocated from Balder to Greater Olympus.