The People's Republic of Yuveska is a huge, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 347 million Yuveskans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karymburg. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Yuveskan economy, worth 26.2 trillion Yuveskan Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 75,641 Yuveskan Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days', the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people, and any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yuveska's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yuveska was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Yuveska was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Yuveska was endorsed by The Holy Communist Space Empire of The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society.
- : Following new legislation in Yuveska, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Yuveska, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Yuveska voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Embassy".
- : Yuveska voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right To Secure Digital Communication".
- : Following new legislation in Yuveska, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
- : Following new legislation in Yuveska, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Yuveska was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Marinho Islands, Holota, Qvait, Amerion, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Zuleit, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Treir, WI SD EA D, Wehraboos, Erinor, Sthalrim, Volaworand, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, Jehenna, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Levistian, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Andinla, Farengeto, Conexia, Yeses, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsvetania, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Bichedder, Eskvenn, Holy Free, Enplatia, Libedistan, Roterdamia, Freedoom, Westenhald, Sedunn, and 6 others.Gonrati, New Belgrade, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.