The Corporation of Yugagar is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the CEO with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, infamous sell-swords, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.149 billion Yugagarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuriyard. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Yugagarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,451 trillion YURS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 267,985 YURS, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,028,389 per year while the poor average 48,145, a ratio of 21.4 to 1.
Survivors of the Great Internet Flame War often recount horror stories of banhammers and DOS attacks, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, nuclear physics is the most popular course at university, and the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Yugagar's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the cult of weekly paycheck.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yugagar was endorsed by The United Imperial Dominions of Canton Empire.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Yugagar was endorsed by The Concordant Waters of Aumelodia.
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Yugagar was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Yugagar was endorsed by The Quantum Interference Device of Courlany.
- : Yugagar's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Yugagar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Yugagar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Internet Neutrality Act".
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea.