|Faith||the cult of weekly paycheck|
The Corporation of Yugagar is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the CEO with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 13.832 billion Yugagarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yuriyard. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Yugagarian economy, worth a remarkable 4,093 trillion YURS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 295,965 YURS, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Posters encourage people to "Just Do It!", the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Yugagar, the fate of the world literally rests on the CEO's fingers, and the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Yugagar's national animal is the Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the cult of weekly paycheck.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yugagar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, the fate of the world literally rests on the CEO's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Yugagar.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, posters encourage people to "Just Do It!".
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an 'Air Brancaland' flight has been offered asylum.
- : Yugagar endorsed The Empire of Frickitania.
- : Yugagar was endorsed by The Empire of Frickitania.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Yugagar, helping grandma with her Misgendering 101 homework is a national rite of passage.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Shronok, Regna Loreau, Winter Gulley, Shiya, The Souless Damned, Jocospor, Imperiium, Tertania, Kazakah, Coalora, ShrewLlamaLand, Sparkvernia, Grouberdastchereichenstag, Branalia, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Vlamms Statt, Fetra, Vinitas, Castelia, Khanbaliq Mongolia, Refarria, Comein, Depackya, Otogal, Emerald Order, Nestruia, Doerbach, Terra de Combattimento, and Frickitania.