The Kingdom of Yrtle is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 300 million Yrtleans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Capital. The average income tax rate is 67.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Yrtlean economy, worth 21.6 trillion Sunbows a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,017 Sunbows, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories', it is said that a Yrtlean woman's work is never done, the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods, and criminals are thrown to the Turtles to repay their debt to society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yrtle's national animal is the Turtle, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yrtle submitted a proposal to the Security Council Commendation Board entitled "Commend Yrtle".
- : Yrtle voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Yrtle was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Yrtle was endorsed by The Federation of Bensonsign.
- : Following new legislation in Yrtle, criminals are thrown to the Turtles to repay their debt to society.
- : Following new legislation in Yrtle, the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods.
- : Following new legislation in Yrtle, it is said that a Yrtlean woman's work is never done.
- : Following new legislation in Yrtle, the nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories'.
- : Following new legislation in Yrtle, the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide.
- : Yrtle changed its national capital to "The Capital".