|Leader||La Présidente du Congrès|
The République Démocratique of Younizia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by La Présidente du Congrès with a fair hand, and renowned for its vat-grown people, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.93 billion Youniziens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Youn~Izia. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Younizien economy, worth 193 trillion Youns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,364 Youns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", and workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Younizia's national animal is the Caméléon doré, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is L'universalité.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Younizia, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Younizia, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Younizia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Younizia changed its national faith to "L'universalité".
- : Younizia endorsed The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Younizia endorsed The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Younizia's influence in Europe rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Younizia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Younizia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Younizia was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
Endorsements Received: 50 » North of Americas, Belvanski, Irminsulia, Eppur, Invernessia, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Jim the Baptist, Yahlia, Elisabethshagen, Eco-Paris Reformation, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Chioganah, St Scarlett, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Walfo, Berlin and Hanover, Kanokla, Dark Matter, Ausvelt, The Federal States of Ezasao, Regnum Italiae, GanymedEuropa, Ottterland, Othenhiem, An Clar, Valtrona, Nardin, Wombelland, Sicheslav, Rary, Thracia and Crimea, Apabeossie, Gliesetonia, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Imperium Anglorum, Someseni, Dabarastan, Heplon, Dervenland, Gorzi, Noristoniaka, The Reunited Yugoslavs, NorthPortugal, Corsoaua, Zulrich, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.