The Xenopolis of YoriZ is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.357 billion murderous book fans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient worker-controlled economy, worth a remarkable 6,894 trillion e-gold™s a year, is highly specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 252,023 e-gold™s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, and spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. YoriZ's national animal is the bureau©rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : YoriZ was endorsed by The Future Anarchy of Mojave Desert.
- : YoriZ's influence in Anarchy fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : YoriZ was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : YoriZ endorsed The Future Anarchy of Mojave Desert.
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : YoriZ was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in YoriZ, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
Endorsements Received: 20 » New Sensual Delights, Echelon State, Sierra Lyricalia, Astrum Nigrum, Irontown II, Atomic Exotic, Wulkrieg, Natapoc, The Peoples Confederacy of Rusty Things, Free Outer Eugenia, Rengaria, Chynarka, Sambalandia, Roubed, Ishcarnia, Equa Lib, Gevaria, The Champlain, Woads Land, and Mojave Desert.