The Rainbow Socialist States of Yootan is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.642 billion Yootainia are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yurrrrrr city. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Yootai economy, worth 142 trillion Thenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 86,684 Thenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security", rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Thenoes of property damage, and lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs. Crime is totally unknown. Yootan's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yootan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Yootan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Yootan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Yootan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Yootan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Yootan, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs.
- : Following new legislation in Yootan, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Thenoes of property damage.
- : Following new legislation in Yootan, popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security".
- : Yootan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Yootan, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Venovica, Proxmire, Liossalde, Maupedonia, Pyceiline, Ezechard, United Syndicates of Sol, Silabar, YouTube Rewind 2018, Qingling, Vennon, Zenthen Isles, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Mauvemarke, Talamia, Varavano, Siriza, Small Potato, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, AtlasBarfed, Dekks, and Upper Chult.