The Free Land of Yoodong is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 560 million Yoodongians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deukae. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Yoodongian economy, worth 43.5 trillion Somnias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 77,608 Somnias, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every week is blindness awareness week, the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yoodong's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yoodong was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality, Highest Poor Incomes, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation.
- : Yoodong was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Yoodong altered its national flag.
- : Yoodong was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Yoodong, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Grod Island, Silverfish37, Dyl, Soviet Catgirls, Argentigrad, Antinios, Ephros, Super Awesome Fun Times, Montekegolia, Claiomha, Socialist Columbia, Anarchocommunists of the World, Kawany, Bisht, Mexican Communists, Agatep, Kaamapoori, Nepacton Murt, Llorens, Delegations, Creatrix, Santa Torres, and Nangka.