|Leader||Ia of the Swords|
|Faith||that thing people do|
The Desert Dragon of Yokiria is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Ia of the Swords with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 7.125 billion Yokirians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yokir. The average income tax rate is 78.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Yokirian economy, worth 132 trillion packets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 18,599 packets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has taken a 'sort it out yourselves' approach to fighting malaria, Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor, every workday begins with group therapy, and the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yokiria's national animal is the mouse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is that thing people do.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yokiria's influence in From The End rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Yokiria applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Yokiria's influence in From The End rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Yokiria's influence in From The End rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Yokiria's influence in From The End rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yokiria relocated from The Land of Kings and Emperors to From The End.
- : Yokiria's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yokiria's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yokiria's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yokiria relocated from The Galactic Order to The Land of Kings and Emperors.