The 🌹 Socialist Utopia of Yodle is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Wuff with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.819 billion Yodleans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Burlington. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Yodlean economy, worth a remarkable 1,704 trillion Yodles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 250,023 Yodles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, Yodlean Standard Vodka is the only drink that bars stock, and crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination. Crime is totally unknown. Yodle's national animal is the snow owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Yodlism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yodle was endorsed by The Republic of Republic of redmond.
- : Yodle was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Following new legislation in Yodle, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Yodle, Yodlean Standard Vodka is the only drink that bars stock.
- : Following new legislation in Yodle, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Yodle, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Following new legislation in Yodle, tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments.
- : Yodle endorsed The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Yodle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : Yodle lodged a message on the The Region That Has No Big Banks Regional Message Board.