The Federation of Ylevamaa is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.286 billion Ylevmaris are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avanhard. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.3%.
The thriving Ylevmari economy, worth 86.6 trillion robles a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 67,355 robles, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 238,416 per year while the poor average 13,739, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, and Ylevamaa has designated Avanhard as its capital city. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ylevamaa's national animal is the arctic fox, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ylevamaa's influence in Elparia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Ylevamaa's influence in Elparia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Ylevamaa created a new poll in Elparia: "Elections in Vanya - Elparia decides!".
- : The Commonwealth of Elparia Founder granted Polls authority to Ylevamaa as Homeland Officer in Elparia.
- : Ylevamaa's influence in Elparia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ylevamaa's influence in Elparia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ylevamaa's influence in Elparia rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Ylevamaa lodged a message on the Elparia Regional Message Board.
- : Ylevamaa relocated from Aeia to Elparia.
- : Ylevamaa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.