The Colony of Yetria is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.87 billion Yetrians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Dump. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Yetrian economy, worth 350 trillion crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 187,429 crowns, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government is a law unto itself, sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, and children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yetria's national animal is the skunk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yetria's influence in Big I Territory rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Yetria relocated from Graphic Arts to Big I Territory.
- : Yetria's influence in Graphic Arts rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Yetria endorsed The Nizari Ismaili State of Hashishin.
- : Yetria relocated from Shizei to Graphic Arts.
- : Yetria's influence in Shizei rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Yetria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Yetria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Yetria endorsed The Guardian Champion Dominion of Panthalassa-Pangaea.
- : Yetria relocated from The United Rogue Nations of Alteria to Shizei.
Endorsements Received: None.