The Colony of Yetria is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.792 billion Yetrians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Dump. The average income tax rate is 31.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Yetrian economy, worth 532 trillion crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 190,656 crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence, international trade is a sticky issue, libraries are refusing to stock A Midsummer Night's Dream because it has an ass in it, and the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yetria's national animal is the skunk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yetria endorsed The Guardian Champion Dominion of Panthalassa-Pangaea.
- : Yetria relocated from Dictatorial Independent Confederation to Confederation Of Great Nations.
- : Yetria's influence in Dictatorial Independent Confederation rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yetria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Yetria endorsed The Grey Wardens of Upper Michigania.
- : Yetria relocated from New Merciam to Dictatorial Independent Confederation.
- : Yetria's influence in New Merciam rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Yetria relocated from The European Economic And Defence Union to New Merciam.
- : Yetria's influence in The European Economic And Defence Union rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Yetria relocated from The Worshipers of Fred to The European Economic And Defence Union.
Endorsements Received: None.