The Unbidden Free Republic of Yesopalitha is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.883 billion Yesopalithans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freedom's Altar. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Yesopalithan economy, worth a remarkable 1,124 trillion Gold Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 87,274 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, workers have seized control of the economy, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yesopalitha's national animal is the Black Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Mystrian Pantheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yesopalitha's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Yesopalitha's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yesopalitha's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yesopalitha's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Yesopalitha altered its national flag.
- : Yesopalitha relocated from Lazarus to Atlantian Oceania.
- : Yesopalitha was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Yesopalitha ceased to exist in Atlantian Oceania.
- : Yesopalitha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Yesopalitha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.