The Empire of Yeosan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 336 million Yeosanese are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quxing. The average income tax rate is 44.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Yeosanian economy, worth 9.76 trillion Pans a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 29,040 Pans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every workday begins with group therapy, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government, light entertainment isn't dead, and Yeosan has designated Quxing as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yeosan's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yeosan changed its national capital to "Quxing".
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, Yeosan has designated Quxing as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Yeosan's influence in Eurth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups.
- : Following new legislation in Yeosan, going on a diet invalidates your passport.