|Leader||the Executive Council|
The Workers' Republic of Yellowjacket is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by the Executive Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.517 billion Workers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yellowjacket economy, worth 239 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 157,735 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, there is a dearth of space for new houses, and the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Yellowjacket's national animal is the bison, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, the nation leads 10000 Islands in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Yellowjacket voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Yellowjacket voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys.
- : Following new legislation in Yellowjacket, every worker receives exactly the same pay regardless of productivity.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Juiulia, Solsevara, Blogotopia, Old Atlantica, Makykay, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Marroc, Wischland, Lower Phlebacite, The Galactic American Imperium, Colonel Terrosit, Silvedania, Valentian Elysium, Mastodonia, Vivolkha, Eppur, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Saint Islaw Wra, Killettland, Keswickholt, QuazaFire, Calrad, Alemputo, Northern Nivaria, Namakan, Ali Faridi, Ilfarasia, Holma, Prairiesora, Seranis, Violent Trees, Zeganas, Marxist Germany, JanRaiQlux, Yakkandiania, Liberdon, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Dovant, Maconshinbernititte, DetroitSmash, Onfande, Isentran, Nanase Army, Grungerock, Drewish, Samonaemia, Evertopia, Nea Komnenia, City of Saint Nicolas, Kyrizstanislav, and 35 others.Gewisse, Tzo, Ignis Cinere, Creeptopia, The Wires Empire, Anollasia, Ardelenia, Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Tangora, Nibi Naabe, Point Comfort Colony, United States of Island land, Katitania, Aurorastar, The Snake Brotherhood, Testa, Ironica Butterfly, Krystalveil, Danyl, Wysrod, Ascended Union, Clialaad, Northern African Sahara, Zopciria, The Indian Royalty, Batona, The unidet Of life, New Kowloon Bay, Grimmywelsh, Venmere, Dorab, The Republic of Osea, Pallas Athenaie, and Brandenbourg-Anhalt.