|Leader||King Natchapol of Yalaw|
The Kingdom of Yalaw is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Natchapol of Yalaw with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic, humorless, devout population of 1.391 billion Yalawians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yalana. The average income tax rate is 78.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Yalawian economy, worth 160 trillion Preans a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,363 Preans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas, it is said that a Yalawian woman's work is never done, lending money has become a major liability, and conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yalaw's national animal is the Bright Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Buddisht.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, lending money has become a major liability.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, it is said that a Yalawian woman's work is never done.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, Y-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Yalaw voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".
- : Yalaw's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yalaw was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, it is often said that only King Natchapol of Yalaw could bring down Dàguó.
- : Following new legislation in Yalaw, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.