The Principality of Yakutat is a gargantuan, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.262 billion Yakutatians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.0%.
The very strong Yakutatian economy, worth 758 trillion nuggetss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Gambling, Trout Farming, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,836 nuggetss, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 205,813 per year while the poor average 13,843, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Harry Potter books are banned, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime is a problem. Yakutat's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Yakutat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Yakutat's influence in Alaska rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Yakutat altered its national flag.
- : Yakutat relocated from Lazarus to Alaska.
- : Yakutat was refounded in Lazarus.