|Leader||President Soseph Jalin|
The Worker's Federalist Republic of Xocovera is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Soseph Jalin with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.993 billion Xocoverese love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Havarda. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Xocoverian economy, worth 139 trillion Xollas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Average income is 70,230 Xollas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, and space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Xocovera. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xocovera's national animal is the xocodile, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Xo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Xocovera.
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours.
- : Xocovera voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Xocovera was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Xocovera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Xocovera was endorsed by The Obesotocracy of Treadwellia.
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Xocovera, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Surd, New Rogernomics, Leonism, Debussy, Iron Alliance, Falconhedge, Zinertia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Marcellinople, Americastrailia, Kryansk, Fortytipper, Islayth, Fluffiness, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Custadia, Flasankia, Aigania, The Gelseen Hegemony, Darkium, Courlany, Aaecilia, Bravenewworld, Japba, Illen Falis, Malororia, Zhavn, and Treadwellia.