|Leader||King Louis XVI|
The Commonwealth of Xiuhtezcatl is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Louis XVI with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.658 billion Roman Citizens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shenandoah. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.0%.
The Xiuhtezcatlian economy, worth 87.8 trillion Lire a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 52,984 Lire, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, unemployed political consultants and advertisers spend every election night weeping for the good old days, and parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xiuhtezcatl's national animal is the Black Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Non-Denominational Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xiuhtezcatl was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Doggerstan.
- : Xiuhtezcatl was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Cryland.
- : Xiuhtezcatl was endorsed by The United Socialist States of New New Avignon.
- : Xiuhtezcatl was endorsed by The Republic of Ter Voland.
- : Xiuhtezcatl voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Species Extinction".
- : Xiuhtezcatl changed its national faith to "Non-Denominational Christianity".
- : Following new legislation in Xiuhtezcatl, parents who refuse to vaccinate their children are given a short jail sentence.
- : Xiuhtezcatl's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Xiuhtezcatl voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".
- : Following new legislation in Xiuhtezcatl, unemployed political consultants and advertisers spend every election night weeping for the good old days.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Yy4u, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Dalimbar, The Anti-Social Socialists, NishalStan, Pandaland III, NoHiceLand, Psikuta, United Adaikes, Oometz, DiscGolfLand, Premiora, The 9 Stars, Acropylae, Triestine, Archonina, Tunapocalypse, The Father-Land, Shaktirajya, Blue Ocean on Beach, Twisted Duality, The Free States of Gotham, Cyno, Empire of Spartacus, Win Mints, Thyrall, Glorious Existence, Volpi Apostati, Mathematania, WyEast, Shaqolandia, Greynne, Bron Zortin, Aldesport, Kyeongsang, The Impregnable Theodosioupolis, Mirchusko, Gryphonian Alliance, Cazia Minor, Common Good, Andyr, Americas Last Chance, Fallgriffin, Greg Tucker, Robbinston, The Undivided, Rogue Foundation Security Division Omega, Matism, Pandaland II, Kingdom of Anderson, and 11 others.Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Troodan, Kittenlicious, The Union of American Territories, Ferroia, Royal Institution-Imperial Academy, New New Avignon, Cryland, and Doggerstan.