The Huenyan Empire of Xiomera is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Yauhmi with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, parental licensing program, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.866 billion Xiomerans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tlālacuetztla. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Xiomeran economy, worth 381 trillion quetzals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 133,209 quetzals, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 376,550 per year while the poor average 37,702, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Many aides in Empress Yauhmi's office are known to be serial jaywalkers, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and herbal teas are only consumed by hipsters who want to look marginal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xiomera's national animal is the jaguar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Xiomeran Meritocracy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Xiomera, herbal teas are only consumed by hipsters who want to look marginal.
- : Following new legislation in Xiomera, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Xiomera, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Xiomera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Xiomera was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Zoma Toah.
- : Xiomera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Xiomera was endorsed by The ✨Interstellar Commonwealth✨ of United New England.
- : Xiomera changed its national motto to "As The Sun Rises, So Does Xiomera".
- : Xiomera changed its national motto to "By The Mandate Of Huītzilōpōchtli".
- : Xiomera published "The Arsenal of Huītzilōpōchtli" (Factbook: Military).