|Leader||Yuan Xiannian and Xi Yao-tong|
The Auspicious Republic of Xiaodong is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Yuan Xiannian and Xi Yao-tong with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, public floggings, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.453 billion Xiaodongese are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rongzhuo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Xiaodongese economy, worth a remarkable 1,080 trillion Renjins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 144,991 Renjins, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Xiaodong as a reminder of their "special relationship", historic buildings are being demolished to allow for road-widening in the city centre, and sports journals are full of uplifting puff-pieces on professional boxers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xiaodong's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Taojiao.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Xiaodong was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Administrative Team of Kylaris appointed Xiaodong as Lore Adviser with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in Kylaris.
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Esquarian Founders Account of Iglesian Archipelago dismissed Xiaodong as Approval Panel of Esquarium.
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Xiaodong's influence in Kylaris rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Xiaodong relocated from Esquarium to Kylaris.
Endorsements Received: None.