The Disputed Territories of Xi-O is a very large, cultured nation, remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 199 million Xi-Oians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Spirituality, with Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The strong Xi-Oian economy, worth 13.8 trillion rubles a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 69,304 rubles, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 446,675 per year while the poor average 4,344, a ratio of 102 to 1.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, surveillance cameras are banned, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Xi-O's national animal is the turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xi-O's influence in Refugia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Xi-O's influence in Refugia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Xi-O's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Xi-O was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Highest Wealthy Incomes, and Fattest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Xi-O's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Xi-O relocated from The Social Liberal Union to Refugia.
- : Xi-O relocated from The West Pacific to The Social Liberal Union.
- : Following new legislation in Xi-O, a small country is wondering where their capitol building's gold dome went.
- : Following new legislation in Xi-O, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Xi-O, surveillance cameras are banned.