The Barbaric Empire of Xeraph is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Amalric Tan'it with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, avowedly heterosexual populace, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 37.833 billion Xeraphians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Industry and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravennii. The average income tax rate is 16.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Xeraphian economy, worth a remarkable 1,870 trillion topaz rings a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Retail. Average income is 49,436 topaz rings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Gangs have taken to secret handshakes after tattoos were banned, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel, according to the latest national census as many as two-thirds of the respondents possibly consider 'violet' their favorite color, and Xeraph has designated Ravennii as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Xeraph's national animal is the Black Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Essene Zen-Tao.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xeraph's influence in Mercenary Lands fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Xeraph's influence in Mercenary Lands rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 5% for Most Zombified.
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies and Most Survivors.
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Xeraph's influence in Mercenary Lands rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Xeraph was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.