|Leader||The Board of 500|
The Incorporated States of Xasmeau is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Board of 500 with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, avowedly heterosexual populace, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.442 billion Drones are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperatrix. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Xasmeauan economy, worth 271 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 188,212 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,088,593 per year while the poor average 15,502, a ratio of 70.2 to 1.
Vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xasmeau's national animal is the Bee, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ronald Reagnism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- : Xasmeau was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, sales of fishnet stockings have reached a record high.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, The Board of 500's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, women don't report crimes to the emergency services for fear of being arrested.
- : Following new legislation in Xasmeau, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Xasmeau was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Right-wing Utopia".