The Democratic Apparat of Xanthal is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 33.236 billion Xanthalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mac Anu. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Xanthalian economy, worth a remarkable 5,280 trillion social credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,870 social credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, fat-shaming is now public policy, the number of judges has tripled in recent months, and most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xanthal's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Xanthal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, the number of judges has tripled in recent months.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers.
- : Xanthal was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Xanthal, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Inner Solar System.