The Kingdom of Xadrez is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 370 million Enxadristas live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.7%.
The strong Enxadrista economy, worth 16.3 trillion pawns a year, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Soda Sales. Average income is 44,123 pawns, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 263,796 per year while the poor average 3,358, a ratio of 78.5 to 1.
Tardiness has increased after carpooling was classified as a criminal offense, the book "Zen and the Art of Dog Maintenance" is inexplicably a worldwide success, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and just as students finish their homework it's time for school. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Xadrez's national animal is the knight, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xadrez's influence in Chessboard fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Xadrez's influence in Chessboard fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Xadrez's influence in Chessboard fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Xadrez removed regional password protection from Chessboard.
- : Xadrez was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Xadrez's influence in Chessboard rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Xadrez relocated from Brazilian to Chessboard.
- : Xadrez founded the region Chessboard.
- : Following new legislation in Xadrez, just as students finish their homework it's time for school.
- : Following new legislation in Xadrez, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.